Dinner ended, and the 7 kids ran outside to play in the warm Miami air. After a few hours, sweaty and exhausted, covered in dirt and adorned with face paint and dress-up clothes, they filed inside. They plopped down on the couches to watch a video. With the quiet, we four, parents worn by sibling refereeing and the dinner rush, suddenly perked up at the mention of board games! Amazing what a favorite thing with some favorite people will do for the energy level!
For the past week, we’ve been on vacation, enjoying times like these with friends and family in Miami. And if that’s not enough fun, while I’ve been away a friend gave me an award!
As a mom of four, getting anything with the word stylish in it is fabulous. So, thank you Gina! And all you who are reading, check out Gina’s wonderful site about life and special needs parenting at Special Happens.
Here’s what I get to do for this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Here are some of my favorite things (in random, mom-brained order):
- I love a good book. Or 3 or 4. Currently I’m reading Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka’s Raising the Spirited Child, and the compilation When Your Rope Breaks.
- My favorite view from my house is through a tiny window in my family room where the leaves of a palm tree mingle with the sunshine and blue sky. It makes me happy.
- I love t-shirts. Made my first one at 11 years old by sowing beads on in a pattern. And I’m having a blast designing them again for my t-shirt shop.
- My favorite sound is the quiet “Be with me mommy” from my 2 year old in the almost-light hours of the morning.
- I love traveling with my kids, even though it’s a giant pain to pack everyone for a trip. They fight less, I cook less, and the wonder in their eyes in a new place is magic.
- I love that my hubby has way more faith in me and where I’m headed than I do. It keeps me going with my writing and business whenever I get discouraged.
- I love my Sunday night homemade olive oil and sugar hand scrub. Mostly because these mom hands turn into some 20-year-old’s hands for a few days afterward!
And now for the good part! Here are some great blogs:
- Kimball at Heavy on Wholesome
- Rachel at The Lazy Christian
- Missy at It’s Almost Naptime
- Molly at Orange Tree Lane
- Heather at The Hopeful Elephant
- The Redhead Riter at The Redhead Riter
- Katie Goode at Be Extraordinary Today
- Lee at Melissa’s Dad
- Caitlin at Welcome to Normal: Population 0
- Joy at Joy in this Journey
Your turn: What are some of your favorite things – things that give you joy and fill up your life with good stuff? Can’t wait to hear from you!
Have a “stylish” day 🙂