Ok, ladies. Saw this today and couldn’t resist sharing. Life as women and moms so often tempts us to drop this part of ourselves and our relationship with our husbands. Here’s some compelling reasons to love on that man of yours!
“Sex Does the Body Good In and Out of the Bedroom
by Jill Jordan, on BettyConfidential.com
No matter whether you talk about it openly or the act remains behind closed doors, sex happens … if you’re lucky. And if you’re not getting lucky, you should! Besides the obvious reasons, did you know it’s healthy for you?
Here are 10 health benefits of sex, according to Kathleen Doheny and reviewed by Louise Chang, M.D., for WebMD.
1. Sex relieves stress by lowering blood pressure. I know it puts me in a good mood.
2. Sex boosts your immune system. Having sex regularly has been linked with higher levels of an antibody, IgA, which can prevent colds and other infections.
3. Sex burns calories. Thirty minutes of sex burns at least 85 calories. That means you can drop a pound in 21 hours’ worth of sex! I bet that puts you in the mood.
4. Sex improves heart health, with evidence of this in men. Men who have sex at least once a week reduced their risk of fatal heart attacks by half.
5. Sex reduces cancer risk, with evidence of this in men as well. Regular ejaculation may reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
6. Sex boosts self-esteem. Who wouldn’t feel sexy knowing that the person you wanted to get naked with wanted to get naked with you too? And if it’s lovemaking, there’s the added confidence you get when you know that someone you love feels the same way.
7. Sex increases the love hormone. Sex increases the level of oxytocin in your body, which actually builds a bond of trust and nurturing.
8. Sex reduces pain. As the love hormone flows through your body, endorphins are released. And endorphins reduce physical pain.
9. Sex strengthens pelvic-floor muscles. Ever seen the Sex and the City episode where Samantha talks about working out her Kegel muscles? Those are the ones. And, ladies, if you don’t know how to use them, it’s time to learn. Not only do they provide sexual pleasure for you and your partner, but strengthening those muscles reduces the risk of incontinence later in life. You tighten your muscles at the bottom of your pelvis and release. Go ahead and try it. No one will even be able to tell.
10. And last, but definitely not least, sex eases sleep. The love hormone also helps you get enough sleep, which has been linked to lower blood pressure and maintaining a healthy weight.
So go on and get some. Just do it … for your health!”